How to provide a return URL? - Page 3
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: How to provide a return URL?

  1. #31

    Re: How to provide a return URL?

    The third-party website here is Servebase, a company that provides payment solutions.
    They return data to our URL hosted at say, test.net\mypage.aspx

    The form field simply has the ekey I want, and I read it - I need a way to access this from my C# app - a stand alone app.
    Hence, I write it to a file with a unique id - see attached.

    Once this is done, the control is back to my C# app - I need to retrive this file and read the EKEY value in it. I dont know the filename as its dynamically generated for ease of use. If I give the same filename, it never gets updated for every request.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #32

    Re: How to provide a return URL?

    Just downloaded the path where the txt files are stored and parsing it for now. A webservice would be neat, you are right - will do that tomm.

  3. #33
    Arjay's Avatar
    Arjay is offline Moderator / MS MVP Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,200

    Re: How to provide a return URL?

    Quote Originally Posted by CM2013 View Post
    The third-party website here is Servebase, a company that provides payment solutions.
    They return data to our URL hosted at say, test.net\mypage.aspx
    Honestly, I don't think it works that way - in other words, they don't return the data to your URL. More likely you make a call to their service inside your web page, the data gets returned and you write out the file with the unique name. It is important to make this distinction in order to understand what is going on. Please post the code that makes the call to their service (if you don't want to post it publically, then send it to me in a private message).

    Quote Originally Posted by CM2013 View Post
    The form field simply has the ekey I want, and I read it - I need a way to access this from my C# app - a stand alone app.
    Hence, I write it to a file with a unique id - see attached.
    As I mentioned before, you are going to run into problems storing the files. There are file locking issues to content with, security issues and so forth. This approach really isn't too scalable or robust.

    Quote Originally Posted by CM2013 View Post
    Once this is done, the control is back to my C# app - I need to retrive this file and read the EKEY value in it. I dont know the filename as its dynamically generated for ease of use. If I give the same filename, it never gets updated for every request.
    Rather than having the C# app call into your web page (where the web page makes the call to Servebase to retrieve the key), you write the file and then access the file from your c# app, why not have the web page just return the data directly (without writing the file)?

    So if I show you how to create a WCF service, that you call with the C# app, have you pass in the URL, and it returns an eKey all within the same call, will that work for you?

    Last couple of questions. If a URL is passed (say URL_1) and the eKey (e.g. eKey1) is returned, does the same URL (i.e. URL_1) ever get passed again? If so, would the eKey (e.g. eKey1) from the first call still be valid? Or would a new eKey be returned? Understanding this helps determine if caching should be used.

  4. #34

    Re: How to provide a return URL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    So if I show you how to create a WCF service, that you call with the C# app, have you pass in the URL, and it returns an eKey all within the same call, will that work for you?

    Last couple of questions. If a URL is passed (say URL_1) and the eKey (e.g. eKey1) is returned, does the same URL (i.e. URL_1) ever get passed again? If so, would the eKey (e.g. eKey1) from the first call still be valid? Or would a new eKey be returned? Understanding this helps determine if caching should be used.
    You are right - Iam actually calling their URL which could be handled by a webservice on their end.
    I would figure out writing a webservice as myself - please do not spend your time on it.

    Right now,am looking at iframes which is what is compliant with Servebase. We are supposed data thro' iFrame to an URL so it inturn does sending the ekey etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Azure Activities Information Page

Windows Mobile Development Center


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

This is a CodeGuru survey question.


Featured


HTML5 Development Center