CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: VB6 project load errors

look at your references for the project if there are any checked items related to word or access then you are using early binding. If not then you are not
    Search the code for CreateObject if this is used to refer to word or access then you are using late binding.

Both types of binding require that the software be installed but early binding also requires a specific version where late binding is more flexable.

You do not need Access to work with data in an MDB file. You do need access if you are trying to execute access macros or reports in an mdb

I have never used word for any applications. For printing I either write code to print or use a report in either case it is part of my program an has no requirement for the user to have additional software installed.

Where/When do you get this error?
    Last edited by DataMiser; May 20th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Thanks again for the info Data Miser.

There are no references to Word or Access and 'CreateObject' is not used in the code. This error is the 429 error I referred to a couple of posts ago; 'Run Time Error 429, Activex component can't create object. It occurs during compile and started showing up after I fixed the .dsr file errors during compile.

What is the line of code that is highlighted when the error occurs?

There is no highlighted line of code accompanying the error message.

Hard to even guess then. Without knowing what object it is talking about nor what objects you may be using.

Does it at least take you to a sub or function? A form, module, class. Usually there is a pretty good indicator as to what the problem is

I can't believe what is happening. I did nothing, absolutely nothing except recompile repeatedly. But after I got your last post, I compiled again, knowing that there was no reference but the 429 code. However, this time, unbelievable I got the following: Compile Error, Syntax Error, in Sub pAttachMessage(Me, M_hWnd, WM_HSCROLL) in a class. NO 429 error! Don't know what to say or believe at this point.

Sounds like maybe you have more than one issue.

Have you tried to run in the program in the IDE with the full compile option?

From the menu Start will full compile or CTRL+F5

Full compile results in same error as last post. No 429. I don't understand how consistent results of one error can all of a sudden change to another!

And start with full compile does not give you some clue as to where the problem may be?

There really is not much more I can do to help without having at least a clue as to what object may be triggering the error or having access to the code

Would you like to see the full project?

Yes. If you could zip up all the code files for the project I would take a look and see what I can determine from it.

My apologies. My partner was checking through the code and inadvertently placed a '+' sign on the line of code causing the compile error. Once he knew we had an additional error, he went back, corrected it and now we are back to the 429 error with no highlighted line

Are you going to post the source?

My project folder is too large for uploading in CodeGuru. I'll think of some other way. Thanks

DataMiser. You can get the file from my ftp site at 'ftp://97.74.144.112'. Username: corvette92, Password: Password1#, folder name IDBase052113.zip. This is the only file available to you in the only directory you will see.
    Thanks again.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast