CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: VB6 project load errors

Tried but the archive looks no good get a message related to unexpected end of archive when I try to open it and only see one file within name aboutbox.ctl so no go
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Interesting. I downloaded and opened with no problem. I uploaded another copy in case you want to try again.

I managed to get it downloaded that time correctly using CuteFTP not sure why the command line FTP would not get it correctly, can not load the project fully though
    Complains about Missing DLL and Resources and shows 2 missing references

Reference=*\G{C13FD026-D819-4EBD-8C01-70E2AA3A219C}#2.0#0#\\tsclient\C\IDDBProWord\IDVerifier.dll#IDVerifier
    Reference=*\G{64674040-3A82-101B-8181-00AA003743D3}#1.1#0#..\WINDOWS\system32\Win.tlb#Windows API (ANSI)
    Reference=*\G{5F7C62D4-9130-11D1-8E21-E08C04C10000}#8.2#0#..\WINDOWS\system32\SSubTmr.dll#Subclassing and Timer Assistant (with configurable message response, multi-control support + timer bug fix)
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Subclassing and Timer Assistant was an issue at one time, but adding a reference cured that. I don't know about the other two. Perhaps your pc's environment? I don't know. But I think I've imposed upon you enough. This issue just seems to cause more and more problems with no end in sight. Perhaps I should look at some sort of work-around. However, you can answer one more question for me; I want to create a project that contains all the modules and classes from project A and nothing else (it's a dll). If I create a new project and copy all the modules and classes from from project A, should it work okay? Thanks.

My problem has been solved. I had a couple of MISSING in my references and a couple of other seemingly unrelated erros. Once corrected, the project compiled correctly. One of the MISSING references was Subclassing and Timer... if that's of any value. My only regret is that I haven't learned a thing during this debugging process except to make sure you check to make sure you have all the necessary references and components.

Thank you all for your time, comments and suggestions.

that is NOT the way to do that. split it up into folders, and post. Nobody want's to take a chance
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456