CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

OpenAL error with Java Executable Jar File

I am programming a game in Eclipse using OpenAL for sound, and when I play it within the IDE it runs smoothly.

As soon as I export it as an executable jar file and try to run it from the system, the game locks as soon as a sound is about to be played.

This is how I load the file in my Sound Class which uses OpenAL:

Code:
    WaveData waveFile = WaveData.create(Collisions.class.getResource(sentSound));
    AL10.alBufferData(buffer.get(0), waveFile.format, waveFile.data, waveFile.samplerate);
    waveFile.dispose();
    In my game class I have an instance of the sound class called snd, and when I play a sound I run the command:

Code:
    snd.execute(sound);
    The rest of the code that follows and precedes these statements is pretty much the exact code from the OpenAL tutorial on lwjgl. And as I said, this works perfectly within Eclipse.

I am quite new with java and getting as far as I have with this has been a nightmare. Does anyone know what the problem could be here? Is there something I am forgetting to tell Eclipse when creating the .jar file? I have told it to package all external jars within the executable.

Re: OpenAL error with Java Executable Jar File

Update with now problem: I have recently found out I need to extract the required lwjgl dll files to be opened by the jar externally. I have implemented my code to do this and again, things run smoothly in eclipse, but now when I try to run the executable it won't even OPEN much less freeze when a sound plays.

The dlls are extracted to a temp folder, and then loaded using System.load(dll) with no errors/exceptions.

Code:
    dlls.add("dlls/jinput-dx8_64.dll");
    dlls.add("dlls/jinput-raw_64.dll");
    dlls.add("dlls/lwjgl64.dll");
    dlls.add("dlls/OpenAL64.dll");

for (int i=0; i<dlls.size(); i++)
    {
        loadJarDll(dlls.get(i));
    }
    loadJarDll code:

Code:
    void loadJarDll(String name)
    {
        try 
        {
            InputStream in = Collisions.class.getResourceAsStream(name);
            File fileOut = new File(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir") + name);
            System.out.print(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir")+name);
            OutputStream out = FileUtils.openOutputStream(fileOut);
            IOUtils.copy(in, out);
            in.close();
            out.close();
            System.load(fileOut.toString());
        } 
        catch (Exception e) 
        {
            System.out.print("failed");
        }
    }