CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Debug compiles, Release doesn't: _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL?

I want to test an early version of my program on a different machine, so I switched the solution to Release. Trying to compile this, I get a bunch of linker errors that all end the same:

Code:
    1>libboost_filesystem-vc100-mt-gd-1_44.lib(unique_path.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in BoostTesting.obj
    1>libboost_filesystem-vc100-mt-gd-1_44.lib(operations.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in BoostTesting.obj
    1>libboost_filesystem-vc100-mt-gd-1_44.lib(v2_operations.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in BoostTesting.obj
    1>libboost_filesystem-vc100-mt-gd-1_44.lib(path.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in BoostTesting.obj
    1>libboost_filesystem-vc100-mt-gd-1_44.lib(path_traits.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in BoostTesting.obj
    1>libboost_filesystem-vc100-mt-gd-1_44.lib(windows_file_codecvt.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in BoostTesting.obj
    1>libboost_filesystem-vc100-mt-gd-1_44.lib(codecvt_error_category.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in BoostTesting.obj
    1>libboost_system-vc100-mt-gd-1_44.lib(error_code.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in BoostTesting.obj
    After Googling it, I came up with a bunch of people saying that they'd had it happen, but no solutions. Does anyone know why this is happening?

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Debug compiles, Release doesn't: _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL?

After a very quick search for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': I have found this link (the fifth one in the Google list)
    Victor Nijegorodov

You might also try adding this default library to the ignore list:

libcpmt.lib

That fixed the problem for me. None of the other solutions I could find were applicable.

Yeap, just double and triple check where you are mixing your build types, also check your library search paths if you have to - i.e. searching for an input lib file (debug or release) in the same directory with a .lib of the same name for it's output i.e (mylibrary.lib) - instead of mylibrary_d.lib for debug and mylibrary.lib for release to differenciate the 2 types. Usually they are and can be seperated by either outputting to the debug folder or release folder so you can use one path to find both depending on your configuration by adding to additional Library directories - path/to/lib/input/folder/$(Configuration)

I was compiling PseuWow and getting same error. The problem was in file Client\GUI\CM2MeshFileLoader.cpp. The author added
    #define _DEBUG 1
    at the begining of the file. He is real *****, I have wasted a lot of time.