Currently I have used as part of my solution an XML file which I have created on my local machine using a location path which I hard coded in my program based on (i.e. I am copying as a hardcoded string) the location that Visual Studio automatically gave it (I added the XML file by right clicking the project name from VS and then selected add new item XML and VS automatically gave it a location)...

This location path works nicely when reading the .XML file from my local machine where VS automatically chose the folder path from. The problem that I can see potentially would show itself once I deploy the app is that the deploy environment most probably wont have the same location path as my computer. I can imagine a good location for it but would really like to hear from people who actually have experience deploying XML files.

I do not want to create the XML on the fly owing to certain complexities in the file. So where should I put it so that I am guaranteed to find it on deploy .. I am sure people with more experience know exactly where it should go .. thanks in advance for all the help it's much appreciated