CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Help connecting java GUI to dabase

hello everyone,
    I have a school project and I have no ideea where to start. I am a begginer and I need help understanding some things. The reason I am asking is because I can`t seem to find a straight answer to my problem no matter where I search for. Maybe I am asking the wrong question so I will try to describe my problem.

What I need to do is, to connect a java program to a database ( mysql ), and via GUI to display some records from a table.

Now, the table I am trying to display will be called "Flights", and has the next rows: "FlightiD","departure","destination","departureTime","arrivalTime","status",

The ideea is. that I need 2 GUI`s "Arrivals" and "Departures" that both take data from the table, and another one that allows me to modify the data into the table. Where do I find such a tutorial to help me do this? Is it possible for someone to show me pieces of code that will help me do this? How do I connect my java program to the database?

Of course the "Flights" table has data from other tables (company, Airport ).

I know it`s much to ask, but I need to start from somewhere and all the java tutorials I read and leaned, didn`t show me much about how I can do this.
    Thank you for your help!

Re: Help connecting java GUI to dabase

Wanna install linux on a vacuum cleaner. Could anyone tell me which distro sucks better?

I had a nightmare last night. I was dreaming that I’m 64-bit and my blanket is 32-bit and I couldn’t cover myself with it, so I’ve spent the whole night freezing. And in the morning I find that my blanket just had fallen off the bed. =S (from: bash.org.ru)

//always looking for job opportunities in AU/NZ/US/CA/Europe :P
    willCodeForFood(Arrays.asList("Java","PHP","C++","bash","Assembler","XML","XHTML","CSS","JS","PL/SQL"));

USE [code] TAGS! Read this FAQ if you are new here. If this post was helpful, please rate it!