May 29th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Java Developer - major Travel websites: near Bath, UK
Ever wondered what it takes to help mobilise millions of people in their daily travels across the UK and Europe?
Create the technology behind next-generation online services such as Traveline, Transport for London, Arriva and Stansted Airport. Joining during the ‘year of the product’ there will be lots of new code, fresh libraries and new frameworks. This is a high quality environment, where the end-to-end systems are developed in-house as a closely integrated product range. You will be given time and space to dedicate yourself to challenging projects and new technologies, with easy desk side communication with cross platform Java, C++, C# .NET, iOS, Android, architecture and testing colleagues, working in a semi-Agile environment, with daily SCRUM stand-ups, Kanban boards, Maven and continuous integration.
• Proven Java coding abilities – core or Enterprise Edition
• A believer in continuous improvement – personal and professional
• Excellent interpersonal skills, open and communicative
• Passionate about technology
• Looking at JavaEE7, the latest versions of Spring (potentially Spring MVC), AngularJS, Boostrap, JAXB and Tomcat
• Significant high-performance and scalable middleware, applications, libraries and front-end development enhancements – enabling technologies like real time multi modal data feeds to power live mapping, live updating, tracking, ticketing, bookings, payments and more
Technologies currently in use:
Salary and benefits:
• £32,000 – £40,000+ (negotiable)
• Personal development plan. Technology and skills training. Progression across a group of companies
• 25 days holiday. Personal Pension. Life Assurance. Income Protection. Medical and Dental. Childcare Vouchers. Sabbaticals. Long Service Recognition. Subscription to Safari Books.
Profitable International software provider (£17m t/o), the UK market leader and with considerable European market share. With over 150 UK staff, they encourage a strong work:life balance, have a friendly close-knit team culture with regular social events, kitchens, ride to work scheme, bike racks, showers, free parking, flexible hours etc. Located: in a converted mill, near the train line and commutable from Bath, Bristol, Salisbury, Swindon etc.
To apply, please be in touch or simply share your CV: http://www.hendronwood.com/vacancy.php?ref=1553AG
We are actively interviewing and ready to hire immediately, or a June - August start
We will always consult you before approaching an employer on your behalf. And please be in touch; (07710) 794225, email@example.com or @AndrewGiffordHW
PLEASE NOTE: this job is only suitable for applicants already holding the necessary UK Visa / Work Permit certification. We regret that we are unable to offer sponsorship, or help towards this in any way.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a CodeGuru survey question.