CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Asperger

Asperger

Hi I am completely IT challenged so apologies in advance! I would just like to know if it is possible to download the offline help files for Microsoft Visual C++ please and how? Many thanks.

Kind Regards Harry. Confused:

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Asperger

Yes you can. Depending upon the version of MSVS you are using, the process is slighty different.

For MSVS 2010,
    Help, Manage Help Settings, Install Content from online. Select the help files required, then Update.

For MSVS 2012,
    Help, Add and Remove Help Content. Select Manage Content Tab. Choose documentation required, then Update.

If you have a slow Internet connection, you can buy a DVD from Microsoft containing the help documentation which can then be installed.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Hi 2Kaud sorry for delay in reply and thanks for your response. This is for a young man who hasn't got the internet and works offline. He has the Microsoft visual C++ Express 2010 programme on his Computer but cant access the offline help files? I tried using Library Manager but it didn't give me the option of find content on media? I thought that once I got to the directory I could find the set up file? Will I have to use online at some point in this process as you mentioned and is it one that would enable him to access the help files? Many thanks, Harry.

The info I gave was for the MSVS paid for versions. The MSDN fulfilment help DVD is only available for MSVS 2012.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

For Microsoft Visual c++ Express 2010, to be able to access the help offline you will first have to download the help files from the Internet. Choose Help, Manage Help Settings (choose path for off-line files if asked), Select online or local help, select I want to use local help, OK. Then select install content from on-line. Select required content and then click update.

Hi 2kaud and thank you again that's great I am going down to see him today so that will cheer him up. I will follow your instructions and I feel sure they will rectify the issue, many thanks.

Have a great day. Harry. Thumb:

Hi 2kaud many thanks that's great! Just tried to post a reply to you but god knows what happened! Thanks for all your help. Take care. Harry