CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Getting Notification Message from an ASPX page

Is there a way an ASPX page can send a notification message to my IE Plugin which is developed in VC++?

Re: Getting Notification Message from an ASPX page

Your plugin should register a special activex object that once created would be able to communicate to other plugin parts. Then sending a notification would look like javascript code creates the object ans calls its proper method with relevant data.
    Best regards,
    Igor

What would that special ActiveX object be? Will it be possible that the notification is based on server side click event instead of client side Javascript?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick786us View Post
    Is there a way an ASPX page can send a notification message to my IE Plugin which is developed in VC++?
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick786us View Post
    What would that special ActiveX object be? Will it be possible that the notification is based on server side click event instead of client side Javascript?
    Okay, now it's time for you to explain what you really want. And please use vocabulary commonly used in client-server development. I have no idea what server side click is, and I always was sure a web page is what browser interprets, i.e. HTML + JavaScript + embedded objects.
    Best regards,
    Igor