How to recognize returning visitors not using cookies?
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: How to recognize returning visitors not using cookies?

Question How to recognize returning visitors not using cookies?

My coder is working for me on a new game script (mainly coded in php/ajax and javascript).
    This is the problem: i do not want people can cheat the game so i need to identify and recognize each single visitor in unique way. Normal cookies are not a solution since they can be easily deleted.

What could i to recognize an user in a stealth way so he cannot easily delete the cookies and play multiple times to my game?

I cannot register the ip in the database because many ISP in my country uses the same ip for multiple users so i would block many users if i ban an ip.

Is there a way to install a stealth cookie not easy to be deleted or something like that?

Maybe flash cookies or java cookies??

Any idea?

thanx

Re: How to recognize returning visitors not using cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by iamok22 View Post
    Is there a way to install a stealth cookie not easy to be deleted or something like that?
    IMO nothing should be installed 'by stealth' on a computer - and certainly nothing via using a browser!
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.