CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Delete blank page in MS word document using C#

I am using C# to create a word document from a template (Word) that contains several bookmarks. My application generates different tables and paragraphs at specific bookmarks. However, there is a blank page created in the end of the document which I am not sure how to get rid of. I searched on the internet but could not find much help. Will appreciate if anyone could provide some guidance.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Delete blank page in MS word document using C#

Figure out what's wrong by opening the document you created in word. Probably a slight adjustment of the margins will cause the extra page to go away.

Determine what you need to do manually in Word, then change the code accordingly.

I was inserting extra paragraphs after each table I created. I just removed them and it worked fine!

Thanks for your reply.

Margins in MS Word ( all versions ) is a real pain! I had similar issues with VB.NET. Remember as well that not each PC's margins might be the same as yours on your machine. What I had to do was to add logic into my program that sets the margins precisely. Just some food for thought