CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Threaded View

Question Slider not working properly in a dialog MFC.?

Hi,

I have a slider control on a dialog box. I am playing a video file and slider moves according to the video elapsed. Suppose I have set the slider range to 100. Now till some point say 90, the slider moves to the point wherever I click the mouse. but at the last point in between some range say 90 - 100 (to the end of the slider), if I click the mouse button anywhere, slider jumps to the end.

I am using a TimeLine control where user can add more than 1 video (1, 2, 4, 8, 10 , 50 etc......), If I use only one video, slider moves as per the video progression.....Issue arises when I add more than 1 video and click on the start button, slider starts moving....Now when I drag the slider to any position or I click the mouse button anywhere on the slider control, slider thumb moves to that position and immediately jumps back to some other position. This is the Issue, I am facing.

Can anybody share some sample code where slider is moving with the video showing the progress of the video.

I want to implement a functionality similar to VLC player. Wherever user clicks the mouse, slider moves to that point.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
    Mbatra
    Last edited by Mbatra; July 3rd, 2013 at 08:15 AM.