CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

ADO Connection problem in C++ Builder

Hi my friends.I try to connect my application in C++ builder 6 from my home pc by ADOConnection string, to a database in MSSQL Server installed on my work pc that has a static IP(Public IP). I already open a UDP 1433 port on both routers (home & work)and i have apply an exception in both firewalls for SQL server and C++ application respectively...but i can't connect to database. Does anybody know the complete procedure step by step for the connection please ?

Re: ADO Connection problem in C++ Builder

Quote Originally Posted by GeoAstrix View Post
    Hi my friends.I try to connect my application in C++ builder 6 from my home pc by ADOConnection string, to a database in MSSQL Server installed on my work pc that has a static IP(Public IP). I already open a UDP 1433 port on both routers (home & work)and i have apply an exception in both firewalls for SQL server and C++ application respectively...but i can't connect to database. Does anybody know the complete procedure step by step for the connection please ?
    This forum is for Microsoft Visual C++ issues, not Borland. The Non-Visual C++ section is where you should ask these questions.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie