CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Merging two Gdiplus::Bitmap into one c++

I'm trying to merge two Gdiplus::Bitmap and save result to disk.

pbmBitmap - is Gdiplus::Bitmap

At start i was trying to copy one bitmap into another and save copied bitmap to disk. Here is my code:

Code:
    HBITMAP bitmapSource;
    pbmBitmap->GetHBITMAP(Color::White, &bitmapSource); //create HBITMAP from Gdiplus::Bitmap

HDC dcDestination = CreateCompatibleDC(NULL); //create device contex for our destination bitmap
    HBITMAP HBitmapDestination = CreateCompatibleBitmap(dcDestination, pbmBitmap->GetWidth(), pbmBitmap->GetHeight()); //create HBITMAP with correct size
    SelectObject(dcDestination, dcDestination); //select created hbitmap on our destination dc

HDC dcSource = CreateCompatibleDC(NULL); //create device contex for our source bitmap
    SelectObject(dcSource, bitmapSource); //select source bitmap on our source dc

BitBlt(dcDestination, 0, 0, pbmBitmap->GetWidth(), pbmBitmap->GetHeight(), dcSource, 0, 0, SRCCOPY); //copy piece of bitmap with correct size

SaveBitmap(dcDestination, HBitmapDestination, "OMG.bmp"); //not working i get 24kb bitmap
    //SaveBitmap(dcSource, bitmapSource, "OMG.bmp"); //works like a boss, so it's problem with SaveBitmap function
    It should work, but i get 24kb black bitmap.
    SaveBitmap is my custom function, it works when i try save source bitmap.
    Why i can't copy one bitmap to another??

Re: Merging two Gdiplus::Bitmap into one c++

Don't you find it strange to select a dc to self while with source dc you select a bitmap?
    Best regards,
    Igor

My bad, i did some modifications before i copied my code to forum.
    Anyway i solve it by creating Gdiplus::Bitmap of destination bitmat then get his HBITMAP and select in device context.
    I don't know why CreateCompatibleBitmap isn't working for me.

Your bitmap needs to be created compatible with some real (color) dc but not just newly created one. New dc contains a monochrome bitmap selected by default.
    Best regards,
    Igor