I'm working on an app which monitors user selected data sets from various devices, and I'd like to display the data in a CListCtrl. This would be very convenient, but I'm just a little concerned about (1) just how fast can a CListCtrl be populated, and (2) how can i reduce or eliminate screen flicker. To be specific...

1. There will likely be upwards of 100 rows of data, maybe more (probably 5 or 6 columns), and I'm going to have to refresh it all as quickly as possible, perhaps as fast as once per second. I can play games and only refresh a visible rectangle, but maybe someone has some experience doing something like this and can give me an idea how responsive the control would be, having all that data deleted and refreshed continually?

2. You can see why I'd be worried about screen flicker, and I thought I'd likely have to make two identical overlapped controls so I could double buffer as I would with a graphic animation, switching the visibility of one or another control after its updated to give the appearance of sudden complete updates. BUT... I see there is an extended style you can set called "LVS_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER", and I wonder if this would help me accomplish the same goal with just one control?

Thanks for any help!