CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Question Windows 7 Windows Explorer doesn't get refreshed

Hi All,

I have created an application to burn my data files into DVD. The problem which I am facing is as follows:

Suppose I have a folder "Doc_Files" present inside "D:\Data\" location for burning into DVD. The correct behaviour of the application is, after writing the "Doc_Files" folder into disc, I have to immediately delete this "Doc_Files" folder from the "D:\Data\" location.

I am calling the DeleteFile() Win32 API for deleting those files which are present inside "Doc_Files" folder.

The files are getting deleted successfully but they are still shown in the same folder untill I do not terminate the application.
    Till the application is up those files are still visible even after they are deleted. And as soon as I kill my application and refresh my data folder those files are gone, and the folder becomes empty.
    I am making use of IMAPI interfaces and methods for burning process.

Please guide me for this abnormal behaviour of the application.

Thanks in Advance,
    Mayank

Re: Windows 7 Windows Explorer doesn't get refreshed

Who said this is abnormal? I'd rather say your "correct behavior" is something really weird.

It's not that I'm an expert in IMAPI, but I would expect that the content of source folder would never change until burn operation completion.
    Best regards,
    Igor

My burn operation is completed, and the media is ejected. still I am unable to delete the source folder untill I do not exit the application.

Well, then you have to get back to official documentation and see what you do wrong or do not do what required.

As you say, closing application unlocks the source folder, so I would try just to release all the acquired interfaces and see if that helps. Besides, make sure you close all the file/folder handles under the source folder, if any opened.
    Last edited by Igor Vartanov; August 12th, 2013 at 01:09 AM.
    Best regards,
    Igor