CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] why i can't use spaces and tabs in textboxes?

like code have indention, is good use tabs and spaces in these textboxes. why i can't use them?
    sample:

write -> cout

i did with several empty spaces, but will be convert for 1 empty space. why?

Re: why i can't use spaces and tabs in textboxes?

That's simply how this forum's post editor works for ordinary body text. Multiple spaces are preserved within code tags.

Tabs are another issue. It already is a problem to enter them over the keyboard, related to the forum's GUI representation in your browser. I practically never use them for code formatting, but IIRC they can be entered somehow but it's rather awkward. At least they should be uncritical (inside code tags) when pasting code from the clipboard.
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

Re: why i can't use spaces and tabs in textboxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Eri523 View Post
    That's simply how this forum's post editor works for ordinary body text. Multiple spaces are preserved within code tags.

Tabs are another issue. It already is a problem to enter them over the keyboard, related to the forum's GUI representation in your browser. I practically never use them for code formatting, but IIRC they can be entered somehow but it's rather awkward. At least they should be uncritical (inside code tags) when pasting code from the clipboard.
    thanks for the information and tip