CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] IE WebBrowser not sending some redrawing messages

I have a property sheet view with few property pages. One of this property page contains a HTML representation via a CHtmlView derived class.

Initially, the .html file is correctly rendered. The problem is that sometimes switching between properties pages sometime the html file is not redraw. The behavior appears randomly.
    According to Spy++ in such situation some Windows messages are not sent by WebControl (Internet Explorer_Server layer): WM_ERASEBKGRD, WM_PAINT or WM_NCPAINT.

Approaches such Q179421 or Q183161 are not useful. My machine runs IE 10.
    The windows hierarchy is: Shell Embedding -> Shell DocObject View -> Internet Explorer_Server.

Do you know any workaround that would determine Internet Explorer_Server layer to send these messages always?

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: IE WebBrowser not sending some redrawing messages

Are you doing anything within the control that is work intensive (as to interrupt the processing of the messages)?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Are you doing anything within the control that is work intensive (as to interrupt the processing of the messages)?
    I was thinking to this topic also because I make some intensive work in .html generation base on .xml and .xslt and I was thinking to an additional working thread but I reproduced the bug even with dummy Html code passed to my class (my CHtmlView derived class loads the html code into memory).

The issue was fixed with a workaround. The problem was that sometimes the view representation was not completely created or the expected messages came before my HtmlView’s data population notification. That’s why I used a timer of few milliseconds to let once the update of data representation. I didn’t use additional thread because of simplicity (I’m working with COM internally).
    Last edited by Maximus_X; August 27th, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Glad to hear you got it figured out.