CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Sum A Formula

Sum A Formula

Hi -
    I am trying to create a total (summary) field for a report that I am creating in Crystal Reports XI that is based on a formula field. After pulling the formula field into the report, I clicked on the sigma symbol (circled in red). After doing that a box comes up (in yellow) that asks which field I want to summarize, but does not provide my formula field as an option, just the fields in the different tables.

Any advice on what I am forgetting to do in order run a total or average of the formula field? It has been about 3 years since I used Crystal Reports and I have forgotten a ton about the app.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Brian

See attached for the screen shot of the application and the fields referenced above.

Name:  CR Report Layout.png
Views: 449
Size:  56.9 KB

Re: Sum A Formula

In order that you can summarize any field (from table or formula) you must place in the Details section
    so you can insert summary for every (Groups or Report) Footer section

If you want You can suppress the details section after placing the field to summarize and insert the summaries
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...