CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

showDocument(URL url) method in AppletContext Interface implemented by which Class?

Hi,

I was searching for the method definition of the showDocument(URL url) method declared by the AppletContext Interface.
    Which Class implements the showDocument (URL url) method declared in the AppletContext ?

I searched and searched and then eventually gave up!!!Please help!

Regards,
    Akshay

Re: showDocument(URL url) method in AppletContext Interface implemented by which Clas

If you have an object you use when you call the method, call that object's getClass() method to get its class.
    Norm

Re: showDocument(URL url) method in AppletContext Interface implemented by which Clas

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    If you have an object you use when you call the method, call that object's getClass() method to get its class.

Hi Norm,

I got the following weird class Name-
    com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter$AppletContextImpl

What does this mean?

In my Applet Program I just call the showDocument() Method which is part of the AppletContext Interface,but not sure from where does it find the implementer class of this method

Regard,
    Akshay

There is no "meaning" there. It's the name of the class that implements the interface. There isn't much use knowing the name of the class provided by a get method that returns an instance of a class that implements some interface.
    where does it find the implementer class
    It's up to the programmer that wrote the code to give a class its name.
    Norm

Okay..The only thing I can conclude with here is that Java has hidden the implementation details of this method i.e. showDocument(URL url) . And we are using this method as a black box by just passing the parameters without knowing the implementation details.

Regards,
    Akshay

Seems like a reasonable assumption. The source for some classes comes with the JDK. Have you looked there to see if there is source for this class?
    Norm

I am new to java.Where do I need look to find the source of the classes.?

Regards,
    Akshay

Look in the JDK installation folder. On my system its:
    D:\Java\jdk1.7.0\src.zip
    Norm