CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Operation aborted

I know that this issue has nothing to do with programming, but is an codeguru problem: when I try to open an article page, like this one:
    http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_...wn-Control.htm
    I get "Unable to open ... site; Operation aborted" ... I am using IE8, on Win 7, SP1 ... how can I rid of this problem ? By few day ago, I didn't have any problem with that ...

Re: Operation aborted

If this has nothing to do with programming, try to ask in Visual Basic forum.

VB forum, C++ forum, is the same thing ... I wish to see this post the administrator of this forum ...

2kaud is online now Super Moderator Power Poster

I know that this issue has nothing to do with programming, but is an codeguru problem
    Actually, this should go in the feedback forum as it relates to the codeguru website.

Moderator, please would you move this thread.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Agreed, it's better here.

For the original question, I cannot say, since for me it loads correctly. Are you behind a proxy that blocks traffic? Are you maybe using a browser plugin that blocks certain elements?
    Get this small utility to do basic syntax highlighting in vBulletin forums (like Codeguru) easily.
    Supports C++ and VB out of the box, but can be configured for other languages.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Well, I don't have any problem to open and view this article either (Google Chrome)

What I don't like is the two "comments" to this aerticle that look like SPAM.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Link works for me with IE9 and Chrome.

I have IE8, without any plugin, running on Win7, SP1 ... as far as I know, I don't have any proxy settings, and I am not after no proxy ... I had tried
    http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_...no-Preview.htm
    page, for the first time, he didn't load completely, I must make a refresh myself, and after that I get the follow message:
    "Unable to load .... ; Operation aborted" ... strange ...
    Last edited by mesajflaviu; September 4th, 2013 at 01:31 AM.

Do you have any ad blockers? Are you on a corporate network that blocks any IPs? What country are you located in?

The article loads fine for me too. Let's see if anyone else can report the problem as well.

Brad!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

-----------------------------------------------

I am located in Romania, but does matter ? And yes, am in a corporate network, but I haven't any blockers ... as far as I know ... the strange thing is that few weeks ago, I have not any problem with that ...

Do you have a home computer or a friend down the street that can test the link?

Yes, I will try that, but I could give you a feedback only monday, I will go in a place without any internet connection ... See you soon.

Actually, you'll need internet access

Sorry for delaying ... I noticed something: at home, where I dont't have any router, server, etc., my internet is from PPOE, I don't have any problem ... the problems appear only when I am into network, of course, with internet access ... weird ...

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

That url you gave in the first post has been replaced with forums.codeguru.com