CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Question Creating a VC++ Code analyser tool for my project

Hi,

I am creating an application which will work as a static code analyzer after compiling my code in VS 2008 for VC++ projects. It will be a kind of code review.
    Can anyone please guide me how and where do I need to put my custom rule sets, and what should I do to create such a application.
    Any code examples or tutorials will be very helpful to me.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Creating a VC++ Code analyser tool for my project

sir do you know how to create dll using class library in vc++

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by kanak View Post
    sir do you know how to create dll using class library in vc++
    Is is a reply to OP's question?
    Victor Nijegorodov

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mayank_3103 View Post
    Hi,

I am creating an application which will work as a static code analyzer after compiling my code in VS 2008 for VC++ projects. It will be a kind of code review.
    Can anyone please guide me how and where do I need to put my custom rule sets, and what should I do to create such a application.

Thanks in advance.
    Why write one when there are ones already available? See
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._code_analysis
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Quote Originally Posted by mayank_3103 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.
    I'll be honest with you -- Persons attempting to do this would never need to ask a question on CodeGuru. In other words, if you're asking us how to do this type of non-trivial work, then you shouldn't try to do this. This type of work takes a vast amount of experience in program design, C++ programming, and actually writing real-world test applications.

It's like someone who has never driven a car in their lives asking how to train for the 24-hours of Le Mans. Look at the URL links that 2kaud provided and see if any of those help you.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie
    Last edited by Paul McKenzie; September 11th, 2013 at 06:07 AM.