CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Invalid Login Information

Hi Gurus,
    We have developed a program in VB6 using Oracle 10g as database. It was working fine in Windows XP. But now we have upgraded to Windows7 and when I try to run the program I am getting Invalid Login information error message.
    I have used following code to connect to Oracle 10g. I have installed 10g client in my system. We are using ADODB.

.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password= <password>; User ID=<ID>;Data Source=<Data Source>;Persist Security Info=False"

Please guide me to proceed further.

Regards,
    Bijoy

Re: Invalid Login Information

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoynarayanan View Post
    Hi Gurus,
    We have developed a program in VB6 using Oracle 10g as database. It was working fine in Windows XP. But now we have upgraded to Windows7 and when I try to run the program I am getting Invalid Login information error message.
    I have used following code to connect to Oracle 10g. I have installed 10g client in my system. We are using ADODB.

.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password= <password>; User ID=<ID>;Data Source=<Data Source>;Persist Security Info=False"

Please guide me to proceed further.

Regards,
    Bijoy
    Hi Gurus,
    Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,
    Bijoy

Is windows 7 / 64 bits ?
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

Yes, we have installed 64 bit windows 7 in our system.

Regards,
    Bijoy

Be aware that if the applications you are using to connect to oracle are 32 bit you will need to install the 32 bit oracle client instead.
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

Earlier we have installed oracle 10g in windows 7 and was getting same error. Later we installed oracle 11g client with 64 bit and the result is same. Do we need to change the coding for connection string in vb6 program?

Regards,
    Bijoy

Yes. It should be on Oracle's site.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

And the possible connection strings syntax are here http://www.connectionstrings.com/mysql/
    JG

Hi All,
    The ODBC we are using is 32 bit. I have installed both 10g client and 11g with 64 bit in my windows 7 laptop and checked the code. Now also I receives same error message number 64 while connecting to Oracle data base. How to resolve this error?

Regards,
    Bijoy