Hello everyone,

I'm having a hard time with some simple code. When I click a run code button I get two lines of Hello World tacked onto a textbox instead of one. I step through the code and see that the output function returns to the caller and gets called again for no apparent reason. I just installed Web Developer 2012 Express yesterday and am just messing around with it to get familiar with it. So after today's problems I installed Update 3 and it's still not working properly. Is the code faulty? Anyone have any advice to get this to work? I did this in C# and VB. In C# it works fine. The problem is only with the VB version. Here's the VB Code:
Code:
Partial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub btnRun_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnRun.Click
        output("Hello World")
    End Sub

Protected Sub output(value As String)
        txtOutput.Text += value + Environment.NewLine
    End Sub

Protected Sub btnClear_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnClear.Click
        txtOutput.Text = ""
    End Sub
End Class
and here's the markup:
Code:
<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
    <title>Programming in Viusal Basic</title>
</head>
<body>
    <h1>Programming in Visual Basic</h1>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server">
            <asp:TextBox ID="txtOutput" runat="server" Height="175px" TextMode="MultiLine" Width="400px"></asp:TextBox>
        </asp:Panel>
        <asp:Panel ID="Panel2" runat="server">
            <asp:Button ID="btnRun" runat="server" Text="Run Code" Width="95px" OnClick="btnRun_Click" />
            &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
            &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
            <asp:Button ID="btnClear" runat="server" Text="Clear Console" Width="107px" OnClick="btnClear_Click" />
        </asp:Panel>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>