CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

detect & find rotation angle if the skeleton tracked has turned 180 degre to kinect

Hi,

I m developing an application using kinect.The IDE I use is Visual studio 2012 and kinect SDK 1.8.I m developing using vc++

I want to overlay an image on the person tracked when the person turns 180 degress to kinect. ie the person is not facing the kinect.

how do i track the rotation angle of the person as he/she turns away from kinect.

Regards,

Sandhya

Re: detect & find rotation angle if the skeleton tracked has turned 180 degre to kin

Quote Originally Posted by sandy2511 View Post
    Hi,

I m developing an application using kinect.The IDE I use is Visual studio 2012 and kinect SDK 1.8.I m developing using vc++

I want to overlay an image on the person tracked when the person turns 180 degress to kinect. ie the person is not facing the kinect.

how do i track the rotation angle of the person as he/she turns away from kinect.

Regards,

Sandhya

Sounds like the answer to detect movement might just be in the Kinect SDK documentation and not Visual Studio (Any Version).

Good place to start...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh855348.aspx

Start > All Programs > Kinect for Windows SDK version number > SDK Documentation (Kinect for Windows)
    Last edited by Vanaj; September 26th, 2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: added link
    Jim
    ATP BE400 CE500 (C550B-SPW) CE560XL MU300 CFI CFII

"The speed of non working code is irrelevant"... Of course that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."...Calvin Coolidge 30th President of the USA.

Re: detect & find rotation angle if the skeleton tracked has turned 180 degre to kin

I would imaging that the only reasonably reliable way to do this was if you had a clear difference between "front" or "back" (or left and right) of the person. Maybe because it can see/detect eyes, nose &and/or mouth. Or because you're requiring them to wear a t-shirt with a specific image on the front (or back). or because it can distinguish between the left and right arm/leg becuase it has a different color or is marked.

Based solely on a wireframe, there is no front and back. You could "sort of" infer a front and back but it'll be reasonably easy to fool the system by say doing a 90 turn, and instead of continuing the turn, turning back.

Quote Originally Posted by OReubens View Post
    I would imaging that the only reasonably reliable way to do this was if you had a clear difference between "front" or "back" (or left and right) of the person. Maybe because it can see/detect eyes, nose &and/or mouth. Or because you're requiring them to wear a t-shirt with a specific image on the front (or back). or because it can distinguish between the left and right arm/leg becuase it has a different color or is marked.

Based solely on a wireframe, there is no front and back. You could "sort of" infer a front and back but it'll be reasonably easy to fool the system by say doing a 90 turn, and instead of continuing the turn, turning back.

Yes I m trying to place a t shirt on the active skeleton with specific image on front and back..I tried doing it as a combination of skeletal point tracking and face tracking. The challenge here is that if the person;s face alone turns left or right with he/she facing the kinect. So trying to figure out a way to wither get the rotation angle or any other mechanism using with i can get the rotation angle using with i can place different images on the active skeleton.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

I'm not an expert but have played around with the Kinect SDK. Can you leverage the face recognition feature of the SDK? Once the FR locks onto the face, won't it disappear when the heads are turned? Can you key off of that?

Yes I m trying to place a t shirt on the active skeleton with specific image on front and back..
    I actually meant that the person moving around for the kinect is wearing clothing in such a way that you can distinguish front/back (or left/right) if they're wearing uniformly colored/patterned clothes, it'll be hard to make guaranteed assumptions based on that.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

When the models turn around, does the facial recognition quit highlighting (i.e. detecting) the faces?

Thankx a ton...

Using face tracking mechanism was able to put separate attire for front and back.However the attire on the front pose is more stable than the back attire. Is there any specific reason for this stability issue.

Now there are two different attires being displayed for front and back.

how do I get a reality look and feel of the attire when the person turns slowly.?

How do I get the 360 degree rotation of the attire along with the person.?