CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question destruktor finalize handling within derived class

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.90%29.aspx

Hi there,
    I'm carring about base.finalize methode, main question is the handling within a derived class
    This first code example within the link above are almost fine(starts with "Public Class Base"), but base.finalize will never called,
    even GC will never called, for reasons of " GC.SuppressFinalize".

The next examples on that side starts with "TestConstructorsAndDestructors", shows handling with "using".
    In that case "base.finalize" is called from "Thisclass". And furthermore a finalize methode is implemented within "Thisclass",
    as it es descript on many websides which saying, a finalize methode has to be implemented.

If I use any object like SQLConnection than of course I have to trust, I do not figure out how it works in every detail.
    But in this case... "a finalize methode has to be implemented" is called for every way, not only for "using".

So where is the explecation about: why the first example doesnt have a finalize methode within derived class, and why the finalize methode is never called.?

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: destruktor finalize handling within derived class

The sample you've posted is VB.Net code. Are you trying to code in C# or in VB.Net?

Re: destruktor finalize handling within derived class

Your answers, are common answers of those, who are unable to analyze any simple thing.
    And you put shame on those who are named MVP as well