CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Six sided cube

Six sided cube

Question1: Many role playing games required dice with a different number of faces than the traditional six-sided cube. Write a program that ask the user how many sides the die should have and give a random result in the appropriate range. Please help me with this i beg of you.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Six sided cube

What code to you have so far?

I am teaching myself programming on C# my own and i joined this forum for assistance in case i come across any difficult problem i could be assisted please help me i don't have a foundation in it am a beginner. Help me i need all your assistance you could give please.

I am giving help. Are you able to create code for a simple console app? If you can, post what you have. If not, then forget this question and start by doing some online C# tutorials.

We can help here, but we don't do homework for you.

No problem, thanks please give me a free online tutorial site for learning C#

Quote Originally Posted by philipeloka View Post
    No problem, thanks please give me a free online tutorial site for learning C#
    Do a search in bing or google for "free online C# tutorial".

Dice start at 1, the range would be 1 - {# of faces}. The Random class would be perfect for this, and if you look at some MSDN documentation for the usage of it's methods, declaring an instance, and choosing a method of displaying that returned result, it should take you no longer than a couple minutes to do this task...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Microsoft MVP .NET Programming (2012 - Present)
    ®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by AceInfinity View Post
    Dice start at 1, the range would be 1 - {# of faces}. The Random class would be perfect for this, and if you look at some MSDN documentation for the usage of it's methods, declaring an instance, and choosing a method of displaying that returned result, it should take you no longer than a couple minutes to do this task...
    +1 to that, I am not far off from being a complete beginner and I managed to slap something together using that in about 20 minutes last night.