CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Form and Graphic error

Hi.
    ..got a huge problem. My Vb programs with graphis and labels does not fit any longer.
    I use forms with pictures but now label and text no longer fits the formdisplay. No matter if I increase screen solution.
    Error Picture
    Name:  error1.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  89.4 KB
    Normal Picture
    Name:  normal.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  73.6 KB

Re: Form and Graphic error

Hard to say without using code, but the new technologies let you auto-scale to almost ANY screen size. VB6 could NEVER do that, without additional add-ons, which aren't sold any more
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Looks like the background picture is the only thing different between the two.

Is the picture in the form.picture property or is it an image control or picture box

Could be a autosize vs stretch setting if an image box if one of the others then I would suspect that the picture got resized

changing screen res should not make any difference other than everything would be larger or smaller if a label is outside the picture in one res it will be outside the picture in all res unless of course you have code in there taht changes the sizes of things when at different res settings
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

thanks for the answers.I solved the problem by creating a new user on the windows platform. Reinstalled program. Now everything is back to normal. Do You have a clue to the problem with the Windows. What could be wrong with the old user account on windows 7