CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

I want Forms1 maximized on top!

Let's say that a new Project1 has two forms and a module.
    Since 90% of coding involves Form1, you want it loaded as maximized on top (instead of manually bringing it to front each time).

The question:
    How to save a project so that it loads exactly in its current configuration, with Forms1 maximized on top?
    Last edited by Bruin 1953; October 25th, 2013 at 03:29 AM.

Re: I want Forms1 maximized on top!

If you are talking about the VB IDE it loads however it was when last saved/closed If you have Module1.bas file open in the MDI and maximized when you save/close then it should be that way when it opens as well. All code widows that were open will be opened on load. The load will be faster if you close most or all of the open files before saving/closing the project
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    If you are talking about the VB IDE it loads however it was when last saved/closed If you have Module1.bas file open in the MDI and maximized when you save/close then it should be that way when it opens as well. All code widows that were open will be opened on load. The load will be faster if you close most or all of the open files before saving/closing the project
    Thank for kind reply
    I always exit IDE with Form1 maximized, and always get the other guy (a module) on top. However, I made sure that module occupies only part of the space, so a click brings Form1 to front. another click is needed to maximize it,
    I must be doing something wrong.

I just tried it myself and looks like I was mistaken, all opened forms, files are reopened at load but they may be in any order and not maximized

You can close the files other than the form1 before you save and only form1 will be opened when you open the project also if you drag the code window out to the full area then save the project it will load that way when you reopen the project it just does not keep the max window state
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.