CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] rate problems again:(

i do a new thread, the same persons help me again. then i must rate them, that's normal. but i always get them same message: "you can't rate 'person name' again"(something like these).
    sorry Moderators, but i don't understand why
    several time that i don't give them rates, because i get the same message with new threads.

Re: rate problems again:(

You can't rate the same person over and over again without rating other people as well. There is a built-in feature to help reduce cheating in the reputation system This feature requires that you give reputation points to a number of people and not keep giving points to just one or two people. This helps keep people from "gaming" the system.

Simply rate other people who post great things too!

Brad!.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    You can't rate the same person over and over again without rating other people as well. There is a built-in feature to help reduce cheating in the reputation system This feature requires that you give reputation points to a number of people and not keep giving points to just one or two people. This helps keep people from "gaming" the system.

Simply rate other people who post great things too!

Brad!.
    honestly i understand what you mean. but imagine these:
    - 2 persons are help me in 10 threads(for be more easy);
    - so i give them the rate in 1st thread, why i can't give them on other threads?
    (don't be mad becuase i speaking in same thing(sorry my english), but i think you understand what i mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambalinho View Post
    honestly i understand what you mean. but imagine these:
    - 2 persons are help me in 10 threads(for be more easy);
    - so i give them the rate in 1st thread, why i can't give them on other threads?
    (don't be mad because i speaking in same thing(sorry my english), but i think you understand what i mean)

Because some people abuse the system, certain checks and balances are put into place. One of those is that you have to spread reputation around. This is simply the way the reputation system works. We've discussed this in the past in detail and adjusted the number of people in the spread. It isn't going to change at this time.

I understand your scenario, and I understand that there are times when it makes sense to give a person reputation credit more than once in a row. Unfortunately, there are also times when two people will try to give each other reputation points solely for the purpose of driving up their scores.

At the end of the day, the person will be glad to have gotten the original reputation points. If you are reading through other posts and threads, I'm sure you'll find other good, helpful posts as well that you can give reputation points to as well. This will help with your 'spread.'

I hear you. I understand what you are saying. The system in place is what has/is working the best at this time.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    Because some people abuse the system, certain checks and balances are put into place. One of those is that you have to spread reputation around. This is simply the way the reputation system works. We've discussed this in the past in detail and adjusted the number of people in the spread. It isn't going to change at this time.

I understand your scenario, and I understand that there are times when it makes sense to give a person reputation credit more than once in a row. Unfortunately, there are also times when two people will try to give each other reputation points solely for the purpose of driving up their scores.

At the end of the day, the person will be glad to have gotten the original reputation points. If you are reading through other posts and threads, I'm sure you'll find other good, helpful posts as well that you can give reputation points to as well. This will help with your 'spread.'

I hear you. I understand what you are saying. The system in place is what has/is working the best at this time.

Brad!
    thanks for all.. realy thanks
    Joaquim