If this is the wrong place to post this I am sorry

Hi, I am a beginner c++ programmer and i have been trying to learn the language for about 2 months now. I have read 2 Begging c++ books and have learned a lot but I have no idea where to go next.

Pretty much all I have learned is how to use stuff from the STL Library and some of the basics of the language like classes and functions but thats about it. Ive looked around the internet of where to go next and basically everyone said "make your own programs" Ive tried to make some programs like a basic calculator or a text based game but it seems like I am only refining my skills not really learning anything.

I know that you can do A LOT of stuff with c++ and at this point i have multiple directions I could probably take but I have no idea how to gain more knowledge, there are either really basic stuff or really advanced stuff that I dont understand at all. I want to learn the launguage but everything I have no idea where to go.

So I was wondering if anyone one these forums would like to help point me in the right direction or give me some advice on what to do next, any help would be greatly appreciated by me