CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Help compilation error

The project was written in VS7.1 Since I don't have that old of Visual Studio installed on any of my machines, I opened the sln file in Visual Studio 2012. When it prompted me to convert the project, I chose "yes". The project converted. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    The project was written in VS7.1 Since I don't have that old of Visual Studio installed on any of my machines, I opened the sln file in Visual Studio 2012. When it prompted me to convert the project, I chose "yes". The project converted. It's that simple.
    Wierd. i only have 2012 too but when i try in vs i only get that "no main" error

If you get any free time over could you try to make it a working exe and write me instructions on what you did.

I will keep trying and do stuff according to what you have written.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfowkw View Post
    Wierd. i only have 2012 too but when i try in vs i only get that "no main" error
    That's because the project is a class library and you can't run this project type directly (as I've already explained).

Quote Originally Posted by asdfowkw View Post
    If you get any free time over could you try to make it a working exe and write me instructions on what you did.

I will keep trying and do stuff according to what you have written.
    Sorry. At this time the best thing you can do is pick up a C# book and work through the chapters. Another option is to find an online tutorial.

We're willing to help here, but you need to at least have some basic knowledge (which you can get from a book better than we can give you here).

It'll take you a few chapters to understand what different assembly types there are and how to create an exe project that calls a class library assembly, but the time you spend will be well worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12