CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Reading a remote server's POST response to my server's POST and GET commands

I'm new to C#. I have some questions about POST and GET communication between two servers:

1. I put together a WebRequest to Http POST to a remote server. I want to read the response from the remote server, which will be a POST to my server.
    Will a HTTP WebResponse using a StreamReader be sufficient to read the remoter server's POST response? If not, do I need to use the HttpListener to receive that POST?

2. This question is similar to the previous. I need to implement a Http GET command to retrieve data from the remote server's .shtml page.
    I used a WebRequest with the GET cmd. Next, I used a StreamReader to get the page. I then used the WebResponse with a StreamReader
    to read the other server's POST response. Is this the appropriate approach to GET data from the .shtml page and read the remote server's POST response?
    If not, do I need to use the HttpListener to receive that POST? The attached code is what I've done.

Thanks for any suggestions, -KW
    Attached Files Attached Files

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Reading a remote server's POST response to my server's POST and GET commands

What happens when you try the code? Does it work?

Re: Reading a remote server's POST response to my server's POST and GET commands

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    What happens when you try the code? Does it work?
    No. I haven't debugged it with the remote server yet. I was hoping someone has tried something similar and could comment.