CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Alternative to visual studio

Because of my work I have been asked to learn, and program with C# The problem is visual studio, I have so far coded in Notepad++, Eclipse, and NetBeans. So I'm used to that type of interface. When I today tried visual studio, I hated that it formatted for me, since I'm used to format my code in a certain way, which visual studio don't let me do. I have also a problem with how a program is runs. If I do a simple hello world, in Eclipse, and NetBeans the console stays up after the program have been executed but in visual studio it just closes and I can't see if it wrote "Hello world" or not.

So is it a program I can use to write C-sharp which that is similar to Eclipse, and NetBeans, also It needs to let me execute the code.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Alternative to visual studio

It's a matter of setting up Visual Studio to how you like it. You can set up code formatting in the tools options editor settings. If you debug (F5) a console program, just put a breakpoint on the last line of main and it will stay open. Or start the console program from inside VS without debugging - it will stay open.