CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

C# with Access DB link a tuple to represent a picture box

Hi everyone,

New to the board,

I am working on a C# project and completely lost. I am trying to create a restaurant POS system. Each tables (8 in total) would represent a tuple in a database. Basically the employee would enter the customer information (name, time/date) and the employee would click on a table picturebox. By clicking the table picture box, the information would be saved in that tuple. The logic would be if the customer name field is empty, the field availability will show true. If that field is true, I would change the picturebox attribute to show that is has been pressed. If I want to clean a table to open for reservation, I would click on a clear button and click on the table picturebox, making the tuple blank out the customer's name. What is a good way of doing this?

I can connect the database using the connection string but lost after that.

Re: C# with Access DB link a tuple to represent a picture box

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sounds too much like homework, to me...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Hi David,

This is honestly not a homework, it is a project. My professor is okay for us to seek help, we are taking a beginning course in C++ and the last 2 week has been C#. He displayed the data information from Access in website. My problem is that I have individual picture box.
    I am not asking for the whole project code but a guide to how I should approach this. I am thinking of doing an IF statement IF(reservation[0].CName = "")
    I am not sure how the syntax should look. I basically want to say if from the access database to grab the first tuple containing the column named CNAME. If this CNAME is blank then to make this show a default picture of a table and if there is something in the value to show a different pic. Similating a key press.