CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Repetition structure

Hello, Would you please help me???

I'm building a app., and I want to repeat 6 pictures inside a Image control (Image1), through a ImageList when I click on a command button "NEXT"

all the images are stored in the ImageList.

I've done this code but it's not working.

Code:
    For i = 1 To 6

Set Image1.Picture = ImageList1.ListImages((i) + 1).Picture

i = i + 1

Next i

Re: Repetition structure

Of course not, you have 2 issues there
    1 you are using a loop so you would be setting the image several times but only the last one will appear
    2 you are incrementing the counter var inside the for loop which you should never do

that code will load image 2 then image 4 then image 6 but you will only see image 6

The correct method if you want to load them one at a time upon clicking a button would be to
    1: get rid of the loop
    2: Put the code in a command button click event
    3: use a static counter var which increments on each click

Code:
    Private Sub Command1_Click()
        Static i as integer
        Set Image1.Picture = ImageList1.ListImages((i) + 1).Picture        
        i = i + 1
    end sub
    Of course that would continue to try to load an image even after you get past 6 so you may need to add code to set i=0 when i reaches 6 or whatever numbers you need

I have deleted your duplicate thread in the VB.Net forum, In future do not start more than one thread for the same question.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Thank you very much for helping me.

I don't really want to load them one at a time. !!!

I want to load in the Imgae control one after one upon clicking a button, and if it's the last image, it repeats the first one... (Loop)

Would you please make me the code.

No I will not write the code for you again.

If you want them to load with a delay between like a slide show then you need to use a timer, It is very simple

1: Add a timer control to your form.
    2: Set the interval to 1000 in the timer properties This will give you a 1 second delay between pictures
    3: Set enabled=false in the timer properties
    4: Double click on the timer to bring up the code window
    5: Place code such as the 3 lines I showed you before into the timer event
    6: In your command button click code add a line to enable the timer i.e. Timer1.Enabled=true

Thanks with the automatic loading (Timer), but I'm not interested to this, I want manually rather.

I set i=0 with [ IF - END IF ] like you said but it's not bringing up the first Image after the Loop. just the second one that appears the first. (MISSING OF THE FIRST AFTER LOOP)

----

I tried this code and it works fine now.

I have 7 images into the ImageList, I set "i=6" and not "i=7", because when I set "i=7" it's not working very fine !!!

Code:
    If i = 6 then

i = -1

End if
    PERFECT !!!

Thank you very much, user "DataMiser"

Glad you got it working but honestly I have no idea what you were trying to ask
    When I showed you code to load one at a time you said that was not what you wanted
    When I showed you how to load them all with a delay so as to make them visible for a short while you say you want to do it manually

The bottom line is that an image box can only show 1 image at a time so either you show them one at a time as I showed with the button click or you do it with a timer so they all load with a short delay between them

You can't just click a button and load them all at once as that results in only the last one actually being shown and all the other code is just wasting CPU cycles

Sorry about that.

The problem is when you replied to me, I was drowsing in front of the keyboard as it was so late to us, so I hadn't really read very well your response, I just skimmed it and replied... even the code you wrote I thought it was mine that you repeated to me.

next day that I found I should have not do it!!!

Very Sorry again !!!

--

in brief, I wanted to make something like an introducing window that appear when you launch the software and gives the users a small introduction of the software and HOW TO DO WHAT. Like what you see in Dev-C++ when you launch it the first time.

and I make it with your precious HELP.

I made it with " IF - END IF", and it was working fine but the problem was when you add an image you need to add another portion of a long code of IF - END IF to handle it. So with twenty images you also need to add twenty portion of very long code to handle. Boring !!!

----

I will publish the link here to download this app. after completion. Just to handle the languages module (as I need to build it with several languages) and deployment that remain.

Meanwhile you can enjoy the first version of that : --- No links to EXE files please ---

http://francisnd.fr.gd/telechargement.htm

and please give me a rating on 10.

---

Are you still a Vb6 programmer or you were ??? ; and you mastered it, so that you found good to help people
    Last edited by GremlinSA; December 2nd, 2013 at 01:49 AM. Reason: removed link to EXE file...