Hey guys,
I'm a total beginner in programming and C# is my first chosen language. I'm enjoying it so far, however, I've run into my first problem that's been bugging me for some hours now! I may just not be thinking outside some box lol so I'd appreciate if anyone can enlighten me.

I'm trying to make a form application using Visual C# 2010 express that allows a user to enter an hourly pay rate. Once entered and they click a button, if the value's under 7.50 or over 49.99, ideally I'd display an error message and give them a second crack at it. If they fail on the second attempt, then I make the button invisible, display an error message and essentially end the program. Also, if they enter a valid value whether on the first or second attempt, I'd make the button disappear and display the hourly and weekly pay rate. I think I got most of the code right but I keep getting stuck on how to make the button disappear in case they fail on the second attempt. Keep in mind I haven't learned about loops as of yet so I'm trying to get this done without the use of any loops, just if/if-else statements. Here's my code:

Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace SecondChancePayRateGUI
{
public partial class SecondChancePayRateForm : Form
{
public SecondChancePayRateForm()
{
InitializeComponent();
}

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
resultDisplay.Visible = true;
const double lowLimit = 7.50,
highLimit = 49.99;
string inputString;
double hourlyPayRate,
weeklyPayRate;
inputString = textBox1.Text;
hourlyPayRate = Convert.ToDouble(inputString);
weeklyPayRate = hourlyPayRate * 40;
if (hourlyPayRate < lowLimit || hourlyPayRate > highLimit)
{
resultDisplay.Text = String.Format("Invalid, you get one more chance!");
}
else
{
resultDisplay.Text = String.Format("Here's your hourly pay rate: {0}" +
"...and your weekly pay rate: {1}", hourlyPayRate.ToString("C"), weeklyPayRate.ToString("C"));
button1.Visible = false;
}
} 
}
}
If I didn't mention something that's needed to know, please ask! Any help would be appreciated!