CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hope someone can help this noob

Hello. I just joined codeguru. I'm just starting to do some simple html and CSS coding aka. I'm a huge noob, but I am aiming to eventually be able make apps for ios or android. For now though I have a question that I can not seem to find on google and I'm hoping someone could help me out. I work for a company where I work with affiliates and part of my job is to make sure they keep us at the top of their lists. What I'd like to know if it's possible to be able track if and when an affiliate drops or raises out ranking on a table from their site and get an alert if and when it happens? In other words, I'm looking for some type of software that already exists or at least a hint in the right direction as to what I should be searching to get more information.

Also I wasn't sure where to leave this post but if I'm asking in the wrong place I will of course change it to where ever it should go.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Hope someone can help this noob

Web development might be a better place, but I'm not sure. This forum might be just as good.

You should check with the sites that you are affiliated with that are doing the rankings and see if they have an API (Application Programming Interface) with the ranks or a web service that provides the same information. If not, then your option might be to do some screen scraping of their site to let you know when the information changes.