CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: [win32] - creating controls using class's

"'label1' is not captured|"
    It has escaped!

Happy New Year
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

VictorN is online now Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cambalinho View Post
    see these lines:

Code:
    label label1(hwnd);
        label1.MouseDown=[](int Button, bool alt, bool shift,int x, int y)
        {
            if(alt==true  && Button==VK_LBUTTON) label1.SetText("mouse left down");//error message
        };
    what means these error:
    "'label1' is not captured|"
    ???
    Perhaps you would first explain what you were trying to achive with this code snippet?
    Besides, it would also help if you were format this code properly!
    Victor Nijegorodov

Quote Originally Posted by 2kaud View Post
    It has escaped!

Happy New Year
    good one
    the problem was that i didn't declare the label1 global(in global scope) and now works.
    sorry i continue with problems in these line:
    Code:
    GetAsyncKeyState(VK_CONTROL) & 0x8000
    what i need to know is if the control key is down

2kaud: you have right... and accept global variables too.
    please see my last post

what i need to know is if the control key is down
    Where are you trying to use this? If it is for processing control key with keyboard or mouse messages then the message wparam for mouse and lparam for keyboard has this info.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

Where are you trying to use this? If it is for processing control key with keyboard or mouse messages then the message wparam for mouse and lparam for keyboard has this info.
    Code:
    case WM_LBUTTONDOWN:
                case WM_RBUTTONDOWN:
                case WM_MBUTTONDOWN:
                case WM_XBUTTONDOWN:
                {
                    SetFocus(inst->hwnd);
                    static int xPos = (int)(short) LOWORD(lParam);
                    static int yPos = (int)(short) HIWORD(lParam);
                    bool blControl=(wParam==MK_CONTROL);
                    inst->MouseDown(wParam,blControl,GetAsyncKeyState(VK_SHIFT) & 0x8000,xPos,yPos);
                    break;
                }
    i'm trying, but i didn't get right results

Try this:
    Code:
    bool blControl = ((wParam & MK_CONTROL) == MK_CONTROL);

bool blshift = ((wParam & MK_SHIFT) == MK_SHIFT);

Try this:
    Code:

see these:
    Code:
    case WM_LBUTTONDOWN:
                case WM_RBUTTONDOWN:
                case WM_MBUTTONDOWN:
                case WM_XBUTTONDOWN:
                {
                    SetFocus(inst->hwnd);
                    inst->MouseDown(wParam,blControl,blshift,xPos,yPos);
                    break;
                }
    why i can't compare the control?
    Code:
    label1.MouseDown=[&label1](int Button, bool control, bool shift,int x, int y)
        {
            if(control==true && Button==VK_LBUTTON)
                label1.SetText("mouse down");
        };
    why i'm getting always '0' on that 'if'?
    seems that, when i pass the blnControl to MouseDown(), the value is losed.... why?

Button in MouseDown is wParam from the WM_xxBUTTONDOWN message. If you want to see if any mouse button is down as well as the control key then use
    Code:
    if (control == true && ((Button & MK_LBUTTON) || (Button & MK_RBUTTON) || (Button & MK_MBUTTON)))
    VK_LBUTTON is a virual key code which is not what wParam contains for these messages. You need to read the documentation for each of the messages you process to see what data is contained in wParam and lParam.

Button in MouseDown is wParam from the WM_xxBUTTONDOWN message. If you want to see if any mouse button is down as well as the control key then use
    Code:
    if (control == true && ((Button & MK_LBUTTON) || (Button & MK_RBUTTON) || (Button & MK_MBUTTON)))
    VK_LBUTTON is a virual key code which is not what wParam contains for these messages. You need to read the documentation for each of the messages you process to see what data is contained in wParam and lParam.
    thanks for correct me between VK an MK. i never knew that the buttons was wParam & MK_XBUTTON.
    sorry the if(Button & MK_LBUTTON) it's the same if((Button & MK_LBUTTON)==true)?
    (sorry ask these, but it's for build my own const's)

if(Button & MK_LBUTTON) it's the same if((Button & MK_LBUTTON)==true)?
    Yes but no! Lets use MB_RBUTTON for the example. (Button & MK_RBUTTON) returns a non-zero value if the right mouse button is pressed and 0 if it is not. true/false are the states of a bool type (true can be taken as 1 and false as 0). As Button & MK_RBUTTON is not of type bool but of type int then the value of Button & MB_RBUTTON whilst not 0 if the mouse right button is pressed is not equal to the bool value true (it's actually 2). To test in this way you would use

Code:
     if ((Button & MK_RBUTTON) != false)
    In the case of MK_LBUTTON it would work only because MK_LBUTTON has the value of 1. Use of any other constant here would not work. Testing against true for a non-bool type is not recommended. It is better to test != against false.

In the original if condition the test is simply (Button & MK_RBUTTON). In c/c++ conditions evaluate to either 0 or non-zero. If the conditon is non-zero, the condition is considered 'true' (not the c++ true but boolean true!) if the conditon is zero, then it is considered 'false'.

so
    Code:
    can be considered as
    Code:
    if (control == true && ((Button & MK_LBUTTON) != 0 || (Button & MK_RBUTTON) != 0 || (Button & MK_MBUTTON) != 0))
    Last edited by 2kaud; December 31st, 2013 at 06:38 PM.

thanks for correct me.
    now my MouseUp() is 'confused'
    Code:
    enum MouseButtons
    {
        Left=0,
        Right=1,
        Middle=2,
        X1=3,
        X2=4
    };

//...............................

case WM_LBUTTONUP:
                case WM_RBUTTONUP:
                case WM_MBUTTONUP:
                case WM_XBUTTONUP:
                {
                    SetFocus(inst->hwnd);
                    MouseButtons MBButtons;
                    if((wParam & MK_LBUTTON)!= false)
                        MBButtons=Left;
                    else if (wParam & MK_RBUTTON)
                        MBButtons=Right;
                    else if (wParam & MK_MBUTTON)
                        MBButtons=Middle;
                    else if (wParam & MK_XBUTTON1)
                        MBButtons=X1;
                    else if (wParam & MK_XBUTTON2)
                        MBButtons=X2;
                    inst->MouseUp(MBButtons,blControl,blshift,xPos,yPos);
                }
    because these 'if'(i belive) is reciving wrong values:
    Code:
    label1.MouseUp=[&label1](MouseButtons Button, bool control, bool shift,int x, int y)
        {
            if (Button==Left) //only on MouseUp is 'confused', the others works fine
                label1.SetText("mouse up");
        };
    anotherthing: the mouse click is the mouse left up, right?

In MouseUp() what is the value of Button when you think it has the 'wrong' value?

You really need to learn how to debug programs and locate and fix run-time issues like this rather than asking for help everytime you get a problem.

the mouse click is the mouse left up, right?
    ??

In MouseUp() what is the value of Button when you think it has the 'wrong' value?

You really need to learn how to debug programs and locate and fix run-time issues like this rather than asking for help everytime you get a problem.

??
    ok.. tomorrow i will see better.
    the MouseClick event(the mouse click) it's the mouse left button up, right?

using the WM_LBUTTONUP the wParam & MK_LBUTTON is valid or not?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast