Hi,

I need to create a .Net application ( C# or Vb.NEt) and it must be a console application which will have to accept 2 parameters

Archive or Clean
Job Library key

If the first parameter is Archive then got to FileArchive table and get the job library key and take this job library key and go to the job library table and then go to the input folder and copy all the files and move them to the Output folder. While moving these files make sure if the file name has a date stamp attached to it in the end if it doesn’t then add a date stamp to the end of the file name (the date stamp will be the previous day as all the files have previous day’s date).

Example of job library table :-

tUTL_JobLibrary_Key JobName DatabaseName

40 jjlputl_test_filearchive_com UTL

Example for File Archive table:-

tUTL_JobLibrary_Key InputFolderName OutputFolderName

40 \\jjledw7\App\Sujith\Old \\jjledw7\App\Sujith\New

If the first parameter is Clean then go to the filecleanup table and get the job library key and take this job library key and go to the job library table and Go to the Output folder and then get the output file and also the extension get the number of days from the Number_of_Days_To_keep column and then keep that number of days files and delete remaining ones.( there will be different files with the same name and different datestamp though so keep the files with the given number of days to keep and delete remaining ones.)

Example of job library table :-

tUTL_JobLibrary_Key JobName DatabaseName

40 jjlputl_test_filecleanup_com UTL

Example for File CleanUp table:-

tUTL_JobLibrary_Key OutputFolderName OutputFilename OutputFileNameExt NumberOfDaysToKeep

41 \\jjledw7\App\Sujith\Old Test_20131221 txt 2

I know we don’t need the job library key as we just bring the job name which does nothing in this process but the job name is the way we automate our jobs and if anytime this job fails that job name helps us to locate the job and its error.
please let me know if i am unclear about it or if you need any more details.

Thanks a lot for your help