CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Vb6 + Crystal Reports XI + Db Access = Impossible Reports (Problem is CRXI)

Hi there,
    i need your help to solve a problem with CR XI and DB Access.
    Here is the question:

i have a db with 3 tables so created

Arrives ActualStore Ramaining

ID Counter ID ID
    IDArrive Number IDTable1 IDTable1
    IDSupplier Numer IDSupplier IDSupplier
    Supplier Text Supplier Supplier
    Article Text Article Article
    Quantity Number Quantity Quantity

So, every day, new articles arrive to store and at the end of working day, every record in table Arrivers will be deleted.
    Wher new article arrives, it will be entered in ActualStore and in Arrives, to increment quantity store. In CRXI i have to create a report that
    For every Sender in ActualStore, lists every article and tell Quantity in store, Quantity eventually in Arrives today and quantity in store since yesterday in Remaining. I have created a Reports in wich i list each sender ordered by IDSender so i have this result:

IDSupplier
    Supplier
    IDArrive Article Quantity [Quantity if in Arrives] [Quantity if in Remaining since yesterday]
    IDArrive Article Quantity etc etc

So, in first step, all is ok, supplies and articles perfectly listed, but when i try to list quantity Arrives and quantity stored if article is not present in Table (Arrives or Remaining) report doesn't list anything. It seems that relation join is mandatory, and it isn't possible listing articles in actualstore if they are not present in remaining or Arrives.
    I don't know how to proceed to realize this report.
    Can someone help me to solve?

Re: Vb6 + Crystal Reports XI + Db Access = Impossible Reports (Problem is CRXI)

You shouldn't delete any data every day. Just keep the records, and add a field for Recvd_Date and query for that. You might want to transfer them to offline storage every year.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!