CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: need hep plzzz

Hybrid View

Unhappy need hep plzzz

i need some help....I am new to c++ and got a project to write code for a dvd inventory system......

i must be able to add title, length of movie
    bonus info and dvd info length...this should be a loop because don't know how many bonus info will be entered by the user....

this is the menu so far....i need help plzzz...

cout<<"**************************************************************"<<endl;
    cout<<"* *"<<endl;
    cout<<"* DVD Collection *"<<endl;
    cout<<"* *"<<endl;
    cout<<"**************************************************************"<<endl;
    cout<< endl;
    cout<< endl;
    cout<< " 1- Enter DVD information"<< endl;
    cout<< " 2- View DVD information"<< endl;
    cout<< " 3- Exit the application"<< endl;

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: need hep plzzz

Quote Originally Posted by dreaddie View Post
    i need some help....I am new to c++ and got a project to write code for a dvd inventory system......

i must be able to add title, length of movie
    bonus info and dvd info length..
    Well, do you know how would you do it using a pen (or pencil) and some sheets of paper?
    Victor Nijegorodov

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: need hep plzzz

I am new to c++ and got a project to write code for a dvd inventory system.
    So I guess this is a homework assignment? See http://forums.codeguru.com/showthrea...ork-assignment

Also, when posting code please use code tags. Go Advanced, select the code and click '#'.

Once you know how you would do it manually as per Victor's post #2, then consider the data that needs to be entered and stored and the data types/structures/classes required for this. When you have done al this, then produce a program design which says in English (or other natural language) how the program is going to work, then code the program from the design, then test and debug.

Code:
    Determine input and output requirements
    Devise required data structures
    do {
         design program
         code program
         test
         debug
    } while program_not_working
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)