CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Issue with using the fourms - cannot edit or post

Over here, IE8, IE11 and Firefox 27 are still working OK - with a different set of ads than when the problem occurred (if that's the cause of the issue?).
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

The offending ad is 'Clipstream'. Everytime this ad shows, I get the edit problem.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

I reported what you wrote.. Please try to grab a screen shot if you see the ad again.

I can confirm that the Quick Reply text box as well as related buttons (at least sometimes) are missing when the Clipstream ad is displayed on the page; using Dolphin Browser 10.2.7 on Android.

Will see if I can take a screen shot of the ad when I'm back at the Windows box.
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

Often times the ads are regional. Since both of you guys are on the same side of the big blue pond - would probably explain why I haven't seen the ad.

Will someone PLEASE block that $%^&* clipstream ad from appearing - or fix the forums so that it doesn't mess up editing!!!!!

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

I don't know if it's the ad, but yesterday I had the "can't type more than one line" issue again.

I just saw the Clipstream ad here and didn't have the Reply Box issue.... I'm using Chrome.

Plus I've seen the ad on some sister sites and didn't have any problems... Nor has anyone else reported a similar issue.

Does hitting the F5 key help with the quick reply box is grayed out?

Does it only happen when you're using your Droid device?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    This isn't on my droid device. It's happening in IE10.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    I just saw the Clipstream ad here and didn't have the Reply Box issue.... I'm using Chrome.

Plus I've seen the ad on some sister sites and didn't have any problems... Nor has anyone else reported a similar issue.

Does hitting the F5 key help with the quick reply box is grayed out?

Happens on Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1 using Firefox (v12 upwards) and IE10 and IE11. Hitting F5 restores the edit box. Don't use Chrome so can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    This isn't on my droid device. It's happening in IE10.
    I have found that if I set the page to run in "compatibility mode" I get the multiline edits. Unfortunately, the rest of the site doesn't render well. I know that sometimes WebSite folks can get a bit uppity about getting things to work on IE (always blaming IE and recommend to run FF or Chrome), but I need to be using IE. Can someone please repro this issue and get a fix? Thanks.

Raised this to Techs again.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Arjay -

It is being suggested to me that you avoid the WYSIWYG editor. There are compatibility issues with it and some browsers. Can I assume your issues go beyond just using that editor page?
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    Arjay -

It is being suggested to me that you avoid the WYSIWYG editor. There are compatibility issues with it and some browsers. Can I assume your issues go beyond just using that editor page?
    Okay. I switched back to the enhanced editor - it seems fine now. Too bad the WYSIWYG editor can't support the browser that comes with Windows - you know, the operating system I make my living on.

Thanks, Brad!

It's a vBulletin thing, not a Codeguru or QuinStreet thing. I'm with you on it being a shame that modern versions of IE aren't fully compatible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast