CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

64 bit compatible library for UUID generator

I am looking for UUID 64 bit compatible library. I have used BOOST UUID generator, but faced compatibility issues with stlport4 and iostream libraries compiling together.
    Please let me know, if there is any other such UUID generator working on similar concepts that of BOOST UUID library!

Re: 64 bit compatible library for UUID generator

Quote Originally Posted by Sneha Ashok Gaikwad View Post
    I am looking for UUID 64 bit compatible library. I have used BOOST UUID generator, but faced compatibility issues with stlport4 and iostream libraries compiling together.
    Please let me know, if there is any other such UUID generator working on similar concepts that of BOOST UUID library!
    What compiler are you using where you need stlport?

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

Hi Paul,

I am using g++ compiler for 64 bit , my make file contains the following description!

#
    # CCC : C++ compiler
    # CPPFLAGS : Flags for the C++ copmpiler
    # LDFLAGS : Options for the linker
    #
    # -m64 : produce 64 bit code
    #
    #

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McKenzie View Post
    What compiler are you using where you need stlport?

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

Quote Originally Posted by Sneha Ashok Gaikwad View Post
    Hi Paul,

I am using g++ compiler for 64 bit ,
    1) What version of g++ is it?

2) Why are you not using the standard library that comes with the compiler? Why are you using STLPort?

What I'm saying is that STLPort in this day and age is not needed for most, if not all, major C++ compilers. Maybe 10 or so years ago there was a justification for its use, but compiler libraries have come so far, that using STLPort becomes unnecessary.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

These are the entire details of compiler, version and environment used:
    uname -a
    SunOS nukigaki 5.10 Generic_147147-26 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise

g++ -v
    gcc version 3.4.3 (csl-sol210-3_4-branch+sol_rpath)

which g++
    /usr/sfw/bin/g++

I am working on a Datastage Application, it uses C++ code for Custom Component. SUN provides lcstdlib and stlport4 libraries. For a special functionality, I had to use BOOST library for UUID generation. Now, here the BOOST library code compiles with stlport4 library which gets compiled an linked properly. But, when I create a shared object comprising of Datastage application and BOOST library together, there is a NAMED Exception from libcstd for function what () const on the application i.e. the Datastage. After further investigation, I could find out that Datastage application uses APT_Util library that compiles effectively with libcstd but not with stlport4.
    I could see, a conflict of compilation. Hence, I am trying to understand is there any open source UUID generator library that compiles with clibstd and does not conflict with my application library of DataStage APT_Util which compiles smoothly with libcstd.