CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Software Protection Suggestion?

I have tried many protectors and obfuscators on my projects but havent anyone that works well. I know there isnt any protection that cannot be cracked but there must be some that is hard = requiring alot of time for the cracker, perhaps too much time so they skip trying?

Another problem with protection is that they often show false AV alerts which scare away many potential customers.

In my last .NET project I used .Net Protector which seems to be working well so far but the problem is that it shows false AV Alerts also what concerns me a little about this protection is that the protector itself have been cracked, check here: http://mir.cr/0G2ICLTV .

So can someone please give me some advice of what protection to use for C#, .NET or C++ as it is these languages I mainly work with?

Re: Software Protection Suggestion?

You can deploy many ways. The app can be downloaded, updated, and NOT stay on the PC when it's not in use. Have it check for updates each time, and you can lock out users. Click-Once Deployment Options
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!