CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[VB.NET 2012] [HELP] ImageMagick Image Converter

First of all, sorry for bad English.
    I'm using ImageMagick library for .NET (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php) to create simple Multi-Image Converter. Only reason because i'm using this library is because i'm not happy with format support; System.Drawing.Imaging.Imageformat supports only few formats while ImageMagick supports about 100 formats. Now the problem:
    Code:
    Value of type 'ImageMagick.MagickFormat' cannot be converted to 'System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat'.
    This is conversation code:
    Code:
     If DataGridView1.Rows.Count > 0 And FolderBrowserDialog1.ShowDialog <> DialogResult.Cancel Then
                Dim j As Integer = 0
                Dim spath As String = ""
                Dim fpath As String = FolderBrowserDialog1.SelectedPath
                For j = 0 To DataGridView.Rows.Count - 1
                    spath = fpath & "\" & DataGridView1.Item(0, j).Value.ToString.Substring(dgvFiles.Item(0, j).Value.ToString.LastIndexOf("\") + 1, (DataGridView1.Item(0, j).Value.ToString.LastIndexOf(".") - DataGridView1.Item(0, j).Value.ToString.LastIndexOf("\")) - 1)
                    PictureBox1.Image = Image.FromFile(dgvFiles.Item(0, j).Value.ToString)
                    ElseIf combobox1.SelectedItem = "Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPG)" Then
                     PictureBox1.Image.Save(spath & ".jpg", ImageMagick.MagickFormat.Jpg)
    Can someone help me please with this problem?

Re: [VB.NET 2012] [HELP] ImageMagick Image Converter

Explain what you are trying to do? Looks like a Grid with file names...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

I'm trying to create multi-image converter and i'm using ImageMagick.NET library. When I click on conversation button, application converts every image from DataGridView to folder that I select. To be more specific I posted a screenshot (once again sorry for bad English) :
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1281
Size:  51.1 KB

You have no Filename, Size or Extension's listed in the box, and your statements seem to indicate that everything works fine. What's the problem?
    You probably should be contacting the author(s) that know about their program. I don't have any idea how to help.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

I think you can receive a better solution by posting your image converting issue in ImageMagick support forum cuz not so many people are familar with this library.