Hi!
Any idea about this.
I have two EasyPIC development boards with pic micros on them attached to PC by two UM232R modules. They boot up properly and had connected to their respective COM ports. When I put two serial ports on a form and manually assign COM ports to them everything works fine.
But, I do not want to do it manually. I want my application to find the ports (which my code does: find the COM ports, serial numbers and device types), create serial ports and then assign them to desired COM ports.
And my application even does that.
The problem is in that when I try to open COM ports I have message "... access denied..." because the com ports are (probably) already open by FT modules.
I tried to open another two threads and to create COM ports in them but the "... access denied..." - again.
Than I made another approach: I am not creating serial ports on a form and write directly to FT device but the result is that what ever I do (usually open FT modules by serial number) my write is always going to last device on list.
What to do to "force" the application to separate modules and to allow me to independently work with them.
My code has a lot of comments and at a time I am not posting it here - just waiting for ideas. When we resolve the problem - the whole code with comments in English will be posted!
Thanks in advance.