CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Threaded View

Re: accessing long pointer safearray structure in dll

you are to provide a small compilable project or projects that together replicate your issue.
    thanks for ur reply...

as i have mentioned in my post#1
    i am debugging a dll file for an application and i am getting some problem in accessing the safearray structure in the dll file.
    the application wes developed in vc++ 2005 now upgrading it to vc++2008.
    For the front end there using vb script 2005.
    the thing is the application is developed in vc++6.0 and vb 6.0 platform. now i am instructed to upgrade them to vb.net version. i have upgraded the dlls to vc++2008 but when i am attaching them with the previous vb front-end code which is in vb 6.0 its showing this errors. the vb code is in vb 6.0 version but nw executing it in vb.net 2008 to test the dlls , is there COM conflict could arrise for that ? or any others error ?? please inform me..

you show us how the function is declared in C++ dll but never do that for VB side.
    and in vb side declaring dll function in module1.vb as

Code:
    Declare Sub DatabaseInitialization Lib "engineDGCA.dll" (para() As ConfigTable, ByVal path As String)
    engineDGCA.dll is the dll's name and DatabaseInitialization is the function name

rest of the code is in post#1

the reason y i ddnt mentioned the vb code because the vb code accessing the dll and executing the function . when i am giving any message to be printed before that line in the same dll , it print the message.
    Last edited by sumlal; March 26th, 2014 at 05:17 AM.