CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: accessing long pointer safearray structure in dll

thank u for all ur's replies. Finally i solve that.

Re: accessing long pointer safearray structure in dll

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Vartanov View Post
    You may be, but you're not going to have any certain answer until you provide us with a sufficient information I asked you about. Why is it so important to provide a concise and compilable project?

First of all, by composing one you eliminate any unnecessary "informational noise" and let us focus specifically on your problem.

Second, having a compilable and runnable solution people here can see all the tiny details you may consider unimportant while those are important in fact. E.g., you mention VB. What version of VB? Is it VB6.0 or VB.NET? Or other thing, you show us how the function is declared in C++ dll but never do that for VB side. I'm sure there might be other points you failed to report.

So the bottom line is: you are to provide a small compilable project or projects that together replicate your issue.

PS. There may be Third as well. The issue have good chances to be solved right when you compose a small project replicating it, just because you "peel the peach." Trust me, I know what I'm talking about as I do this for decades.
    thanks for ur valuable reply. the replication sample help me lot to solve the problem.
    Programming is only a HOBBY. It's up to you how you will implement..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123